78: Connecting, Communicating and Confidence Building with Courtney & Dana from Hustle + Gather
Are you ready for something a bit different to kick off 2023? In this episode, I share my podcast interview with Courtney Hopper and Dana Kadwell on the Hustle + Gather podcast. Usually, when you’re a guest on someone’s podcast, you get a list of questions ahead of time so you can prepare… but not with these ladies! This episode was totally unscripted, so the conversation was completely natural and fun. Listen in for a real, raw look behind the scenes at how I built my business and the struggles I faced along the way.
Entrepreneur sisters, Dana Kadwell and Courtney Hopper, run three successful businesses in the Raleigh area and host the Hustle + Gather podcast. On the podcast, Dana and Courtney discuss the ups and downs of the hustle and the rewards at the end. They believe that running a business starts at the edge of your comfort zone. Join the sisters as they dive into the hard parts of entrepreneurship with other business owners going through similar struggles.
During our conversation, we talked about how I used to cry in my car when I was hopping between jobs in the corporate world, how I cope with anxiety now as a business owner, and how I’ve managed to keep going through the trials and find success as a solopreneur.
Highlights from this episode include:
- Something a little different (0:02)
- My introduction on the Hustle + Gather Podcast with Courtney and Dana (1:52)
- My background before entrepreneurship (3:08)
- What made me realize I didn’t want to work in corporate (6:03)
- Something I’ve learned from corporate America (8:17)
- How leaving corporate America changed my mental health (10:17)
- Backpedaling and roadblocks (13:28)
- The Wedding Booking Blueprint (21:07)
- What I learned about sales from my mom (27:02)
- The biggest challenge and the biggest blessing (38:29)
Thank you for taking the time to listen to my conversation with Courtney and Dana! Hopefully, this episode has opened your eyes to the importance of building relationships and connecting with people. What are your strategies for creating meaningful connections with your audience? Send me a DM me on Instagram and let me know which of the six tips you plan to focus on this month.
Thank you for tuning into the Build that Business podcast. Please follow, share if you enjoyed the show, and leave a review on Apple or Spotify so others can find us who are ready to build a business and generate profits without burnout!
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Hustle + Gather, with Courtney and Dana