63: Setting Boundaries to Make Your Business Work For You with Laney Ruddell
Do you feel like saying yes to everything can only get you further? Maybe you make it halfway through a task and realize you have entirely undervalued yourself, and you’re now exhausted from taking on too much. What if you had the confidence and willpower to take the lead like the expert you are?
In this episode, Laney Ruddell gives us all the deets on setting boundaries in your business to make your business work for you. We talk about what it means to define success and how to do that. We even cover how to set boundaries with ourselves, which is sometimes the most challenging part for an ambitious entrepreneur.
Design by Laney has taught hundreds of thousands of creative business owners how to start and grow their businesses on their terms. Laney’s goal is to squash the “starving artist” trope. She uses her skills from working with multi-million dollar corporations as part of a top Fortune company to teach artists and creatives how to make money and find ideal clients. She lives in Denver, CO, with her husband and studio pup, Bodie. Digitally, you can find her on YouTube or Instagram!
Ready to embrace your values and start setting boundaries? This episode is for you!
Highlights from my conversation with Laney:
- Getting started with Design by Laney (2:14)
- Expanding a passion for education (4:24)
- The controversial correlation between profit and talent (8:04)
- Defining success in your business (10:28)
- Identifying your strengths and weaknesses (13:35)
- Why it is essential to set boundaries (19:32)
- Getting past the negative feelings around setting boundaries (25:46)
- Recognizing and standing behind your value (29:12)
Thank you for tuning into the Build that Business podcast. Please follow, share if you enjoyed the show, and leave a review on Apple or Spotify so others can find us who are ready to build a business and generate profits without burnout!
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE: