60: Showing Up and Standing Out on Instagram with Shannon Segall
Today, I’m excited to chat with Shannon Segall about showing up and standing out on Instagram.
When was the last time you showed your face on your social media? Maybe you never show your face on camera, and perhaps you barely show up with a marketing strategy.
In this episode, Shannon and I talk about standing out on Instagram among the never-ending noise in this episode.
It’s one of the most actionable episodes we’ve ever recorded, filled with step-by-step tips on things you can implement starting now.
This episode is for you if you’re ready to stand out from the crowd, get serious about your content marketing strategy, and have fun doing it.
Shannon is a Social Media Manager + Mentor who helps wedding creatives and other social media managers get visible and monetize their brands via the gram. After working for an Instagram Marketing Company & seeing firsthand how it could help up-level brands, cut through the noise, & connect with customers worldwide, she decided to turn that knowledge & marketing obsession into her service. She traded in her cubicle, booked a one-way ticket, & today runs her own online business helping female entrepreneurs create effective marketing strategies from Bali.
Highlights from this episode with Shannon:
- The primary mistake creatives make on Instagram (8:21)
- How to start building your business on social media now (10:48)
- The fear of niching down (16:25)
- Giving away free value without giving away free services (19:37)
- Incorporating showing up on video into your marketing strategy (27:34)
- Getting ready (or not) to get on video (30:26)
- Educational vs. entertaining reels (33:36)
- Finding an abundance of content ideas (38:37)
- Questions to ask yourself about your ideal clients (43:28)
Thank you for tuning into the Build that Business podcast. Please follow, share if you enjoyed the show, and leave a review on Apple or Spotify so others can find us who are ready to build a business and generate profits without burnout!
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE: