50: How to Get Noticed In Your Business – PR for Creative Entrepreneurs with Meghan Ely
Episode #50 : Build The Business Podcast
Let me ask you, when you hear the word “PR” – what comes to mind? Is it something you’re implementing in your wedding business or do you brush it off and jot it down on the to-do list for “someday when I have more time?” I’ll admit, I was the latter for far too long but once I realized the power of PR, it opened so many new doors for my business and that’s why I’m excited to introduce you to our guest today.
In this episode, I’m sitting down with Meghan Ely of OFD Consulting and we are talking about all things PR – how to get press for your business. How to get visible to the people you want to serve, how to get people talking about you, and how to gain social proof.
Ready to dive in? In today’s episode, we’ll cover:
- Where to start with PR if this is a new strategy for your business.
- How to create editorial relationships.
- How much time we should be allocating weekly to press initiatives and why it’s important
- When it’s time to bring in a publicist (this answer might surprise you)
- How to create SMART goals around your PR strategy
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Free Training- How I 10x’d My Wedding Business
Bridal Show Workshop – $25K in 24 hours
50% HoneyBook Coupon Code
Our Private Facebook Group
Freebies to Grow Your Wedding Business
Website and resources: