34: Contracts for Wedding Professionals (what you absolutely need to include) with Braden Drake
Episode #34 : Build The Business Podcast
Today we are talking about all things contracts. Specially contracts for Wedding Professionals. We’ll cover what to include, what most people leave out, and how to protect yourself this year specially.
And there is no better person to walk us through it than Braden Drake. Braden is a California licensed attorney and tax professional. He works primarily with service based, creative small business owners through his signature program Profit Rx.
His tagline is, “your gay best friend here to help you get your legal, tax, and financial shit legit.” So that describes Bradens fun and laid back personality… I think you’re gonna love this episode.
Here’s what we covered:
- What are the primary things to include in a contract?
- How should you handle payment terms?
- How can you draft your contract to avoid potential cancellation issues?
- What is the number one thing people tend to overlook when putting together their contract?
- Are there any specific things you recommend we include in our contract for this upcoming season pertaining to the pandemic specifically?
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
The Contract Vault: www.bradendrake.com/contractvault
Layers of Legal Protection (free guide) www.bradendrake.com/layers