32: Planning for Tech Upgrades in 2022 with Nora Sheils
Episode #32 : Build The Business Podcast
Today I had the absolute pleasure of sitting down to talk with Nora Sheils of Rock Paper Coin about how to plan to tech upgrades in 2022.
Nora Sheils is the co-founder of Rock Paper Coin, the first software platform to bring together wedding planners, couples, and vendors into one system for managing and paying contracts and invoices. She is also the founder and lead wedding planner of award-winning firm Bridal Bliss.
If this is your year to simplify, then this is your episode. You cannot miss all of the GOLD that Nora drops here. Grab a pen and paper, and let’s dive in.
Here’s what we covered in today’s episode:
1. Let’s rewind a bit before diving into 2022. With everything that has changed around COVID in the past couple of years, could you speak to consumer behavior and how it has transformed the way technology is used in business?
2. You had zero experience in tech when you and your sister-in-law decided to launch Rock Paper Coin, a software platform that serves the wedding and event industry. Can you tell us what that was like? What did you have to learn before getting it off the ground? What were your biggest challenges? Feel free to speak about the tech itself or the startup experience as an industry newbie — or both!
3. Say a new entrepreneur is in the early stages of growing their startup. They’ve been in business about 1-3 years, they have a steady flow of customers, and they’re on the cusp of hitting their next-level revenue goal. Where should they consider implementing new tech in their business to support sustainable growth?
4. Now, the same question — but for seasoned entrepreneurs. They have 5+ years of experience, they likely have a team, and they are already pretty comfortable with tech. Their systems may not be optimized fully, but they serve their purpose and keep the company running. What are their next steps in terms of adding new tech to the mix?
5. For listeners who feel like they probably need to make changes in 2022 but don’t know where to begin, can you provide some advice for getting their tech systems in order this year? Where do they start?
6. If our listeners walk away with one piece of advice to implement in their businesses tomorrow, what would you want it to be? Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of the Build That Business Podcast!
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Request a Demo of Rock Paper Coin: https://rockpapercoin.com/request-a-demo/