31: Copy that connects before it converts: combining brand messaging + copywriting with Kathy Young￼
Episode #31 : Build The Business Podcast
Today, I’m chatting with Kathy Young of Rekindle Communications to talk about your brand voice, specifically how to write copy that connects BEFORE it converts.
Kathy breathes life into your message one word at a time. She brings her 2+ years of marketing agency experience to ambitious yet hustle-averse creatives who value connections as much as they do conversions. Between wordsmithing and Chick-fi-la trips, you’ll find her in the back patio enjoying a smokey fire pit with her husband and Goldendoodle—both of whom are old souls.
In today’s episode, we’ll cover:
- How do you discover your brand voice?
- How to build your personal brand with the concept of “isms.” What are they and why do we need them?
- What are some of the key elements to a high converting website?
- What are good market research questions to ask your audience/questions to include in a testimonial to inform your messaging
- How do you draw inspiration from other brands without leaning into too much inspiration (aka copying)
- Why is it important to establish a brand message first before diving into web copy?
Today’s episode is full of tangible tips that you can implement right away in your brand messaging and copywriting. So, if this was on your todo list for this season, grab those earbuds and lean in. Let’s get to it…
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
5 Ways to Instantly Improve Your Website Copy: